Mobilized for the promotion and accompaniment of agroecological transitions in West Africa, the consortium AVSF-IRAM-INADES International is looking for:
A Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the PAE Coordination Unit (Agroecological Program of ECOWAS)
Since early 2018, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium has been providing technical assistance to the ECOWAS Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food for the implementation of the Support programme for the agro-ecological transition in West Africa (PATAE).
This programme was launched with initial funding from the French Development Agency for a period of 4 years. The objective is to support agro-ecological intensification in the sub-region in order to promote the emergence, adoption and dissemination of ecologically intensive and sustainable practices on family farms. The program aims to :
- on the one hand, to support field projects promoting agro-ecological transitions at the local level (a call for proposals launched in 2018 resulted in the selection of 15 projects in the process of being launched, distributed among Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Senegal, and Togo)
- on the other hand, the animation of exchanges and capitalizations feeding public policies favourable to agro-ecological transitions in the region
To this end, a Project Coordination Unit (PCU) has been set up within ARAA in Lomé. It was initially composed of a coordinator, an administrative manager and a secretary.
ECOWAS obtained additional funding from the European Union in 2019 for a period of 5 years to complete and extend the content of this programme. The PAIAD (Project to support dissemination and implementation of good practices for sustainable agricultural intensification) aims to strengthen agricultural training and advisory support and extension mechanisms for technological innovations adapted to sustainable production methods of small producers. The PCU was thus reinforced by other experts, in particular a technical coordination assistant, a training and advisory support officer, and an accountant. PATAE and PAIAD now form the Agroecology Program (PAE) of ECOWAS.
In order to strengthen the Programme Coordination Unit to ensure complementary activities and programme extension, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium is seeking : A Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer,
- Main missions, profile and skills required
|Location||Main missions||Profile and skills required|
|ü Abuja – Nigeria, within ECOWAS Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development
ü Frequent work trips to be foreseen in all ECOWAS member countries
|· Monitoring and evaluation and valorisation of the project for the benefit of ECOWAS policies and projects, in conjunction with the rest of the PCU team in Lomé and the national correspondents in the countries
· Set up a monitoring-evaluation and capitalization system integrating tools for monitoring and collecting data from the Program and field projects (agroecology projects, agroecology training centers, OPA-research-training center partnerships)
· Adapt the methods of production of references in field projects and monitor the development of capitalizations by projects
· Analyze and compile field references
· Support, in conjunction with national correspondents, the implementation of cross-functional capitalizations
· Monitoring the development and results of national policy frameworks
· Support the activities and animation of the Alliance for Agroecology in West Africa (3AO), based on the national themes most relevant to regional consultation and integration
· Link between field experiences, consultation frameworks and the development of regional public policies in support of the agro-ecological transition.
· Follow various initiatives in agroecology and adaptation to climate change at the level of the DADR in Abuja (West African Alliance for Climate-Smart Agriculture, West Africa Ecological Organic Agriculture (EOA) Cluster, AMCC project + AO, FAO Agroecology Program, Great Green Wall, AIC / BOAD Project, Degraded Land Restoration Program, WAICSA, etc.)
|Engineer or equivalent (at least 5 years’ higher education) (Agronomy, Agroeconomy, environment, socio-economics, international development and project management) with experience (10 years) in monitoring and evaluation and sustainable agriculture
Experience in monitoring, evaluation and capitalization in regional multi-stakeholder programmes and mechanisms would be a bonus.
Proficiency in French and English, read, written and spoken, is essential.
Good knowledge of computer tools (at least MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint software)
At least 5 years’ professional experience in the field of rural development and programmes directly or indirectly related to the implementation of agro-ecological practices in rural and farming areas is required.
Possession of a higher than expected degree reduces the number of years of experience required by 3 years.
- Conditions of the employment contract
- Project duration : 2018-2024
- Contract duration 1 year – renewable until the end of the project
- Contract start date: April 1, 2022
Candidates will send their application, letter of motivation and CV (maximum 5 pages, minimum font 11) in French or English
before to: February 6, 2022
With the reference ” Program Monitoring and Evaluation Officer PAE“.