The ALERTE-Foncier platform is starting a new project called “project to support the ALERTE-Foncier platform for its effective participation in the improvement of rural land governance in Côte d’Ivoire”.
This project was launched on Thursday, June 9, 2022 at the General Secretariat of Inades-Formation, aims to contribute to the strengthening of multi-stakeholder dialogue for responsible rural land governance through capacity building of platform members in mastering land issues and promoting public debates, particularly at the national level, and facilitating the adoption and implementation of fair and equitable rules for access, use and control of land.
It is financed by the CTFD (Technical Committee on Land and Development) and the AFD (French Development Agency) for a period of one year.
The technical management of the project is entrusted to Inades-Formation by the Strategic Coordination Group of the ALERTE-Foncier platform.
The monitoring committee is composed of Inades-Formation, CCFD-Terre Solidaire, CTFD, AFD, MEAE (Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs).
Three (3) main actions will be implemented by the project. These include:
- The institutional development of the platform, which consists in setting up the conditions to make the platform a reliable and strong organization that carries the shared aspirations of its members for a more just and equitable land policy, in a perspective of social cohesion and sustainable development;
- The conduct of studies on subjects and issues of interest for the knowledge of dynamics in the territories and the contribution to public debates whose interest to document the key issues related to the implementation of the land reform and put them in debate with the members of the platform on two key issues constituting the two themes of study ;
- Political dialogue with decision makers and technical and financial partners, citizen monitoring allowing the platform to implement actions to facilitate the construction of common positioning between members and influence land policies at the national level.
Also two studies are envisaged within the framework of this project and will relate to :
- Competing norms that are blocking the implementation of the 1998 law and the clarification of the law’s scope with other codes and frameworks governing land tenure
- Community strategies and logics in the face of the land certification process
ALERTE-Foncier is the civil society platform dedicated to land tenure in Côte d’Ivoire, created in January 2015 at the initiative of Inades-Formation and other civil society organizations in Côte d’Ivoire. Its mission is to work for a fair and equitable land policy, in a perspective of social cohesion and sustainable development.